Our Roofing Guarantee
Understanding roofing product guarantees is no fun! We’re well aware of the sheer volume of claims from different manufacturers and distributors … with no real back-up to suggest that you can believe in one product more than any other.
At Decra we feel we have a responsibility to lay our cards on the table, tell you what is genuinely covered, and demonstrate our commitment to fulfilling our promise. If you have a question regarding our guarantee that remains unanswered after reading the following details, please call our Technical Support Team on 0161 8654444.
Guaranteed against weather for 40 years
Decra is strongly committed to providing the highest quality products in the industry and stand firmly by our guarantee that when Decra roof tiles have been fitted:
a) The entire roof will remain weatherproof for 40 years;
b) Any defects due to faulty workmanship arising in the roof within the first 2 years will be resolved.
What happens if the company goes bust?
This is a very good question as a number of roofing product manufacturers have done just that several times over the last 10 years, each time waiving any liability from the previous company.
Decra Roof Systems as operated as one entity in the UK and Ireland since 1977. Financially it has gone from strength to strength and since 1998 we have been backed by Icopal, a worldwide leader in the manufacture of roofing products with a turnover of approximately EUR 1 billion.
What about damage from extreme weather conditions?
Another good question as a number of manufacturers will not pay out when damage is done by extreme weather conditions such as those we all experienced in October 1987. Not so for Decra … if our roof tiles fail to be weatherproof over the next 40 years, we will replace them.
Does it really cover the whole roof?
Yes! Once again some roofing guarantees will only cover the individual tiles conveniently excluding all the vulnerable edges of the roofs rather than the whole roof tile system. .
How can Decra make such bold guarantees?
Because the product and manufacturing processes really are that good! And there have been great advancements in technology that have consistently made our tiles better and better.
Back in the 1970’s Decra’s tiles were much more low tech than today, just basic zinc galvanising with an additional bitumen and stone coating system applied, these tiles have proven themselves to be weather secure for almost 35 years and are still going strong.
Today’s Decra tiles comprising of state of the art zinc aluminium galvanizing encapsulated within multi-layer epoxy,
polyester, acrylic and stone coatings are in altogether another league. For example, the current galvanising system has been independently tested and proven to have a protective life-span of 2 to 4 times greater than before.
Mark Bell says “It would take a corrosive environment for our tiles not to last at least 60 years”
As Decra’s that good why don’t you guarantee it for even longer?
Because we are here for the long run, it’s easy to start a new business and offer fantastic guarantees. Over the years we have seen direct competitors come and go leaving a trail of worthless guarantees and disappointed customers behind them. Bold claims are easily made when you have no eye on the future.
We are by nature prudent in our approach, its why we’re still here after nearly 40 years, it’s why our parent company has been trading for over 100 years and its why you can trust us. Your roof is one of the most expensive investments you will make and it’s the investment that probably shelters everything else you own. Why gamble?
What happens if the property changes hands?
A good question, but not one to get excited about as we place the guarantee on the property rather than the owner. In this way we protect your property today and add value to your property should you choose to sell it tomorrow.
But will Decra actually pay out when it comes to the crunch?
Yes! Take a look at the chart at the top right of this page. It illustrates the percentage of our tiles that have been found to be defective and replaced between 1977 and the end of 2006.
And better still, we have never received a claim for weatherproof failure in any properly constructed roof with correctly installed Decra roof tiles.
Our Service Guarantee
Terms and Conditions of Decra Roof Systems Guarantee
1. Decra Roof Systems expressly guarantees that each Decra Tile and tile accessory included in the roof and fitted in accordance with the Decra Roof Systems installation instructions and normal standards of good workmanship, will remain weatherproof for not less than thirty years from the date of installation. In the event of a claim under this guarantee, the obligations of Decra Roof Systems shall be limited solely to the supply only of replacement products or of the nearest available substitute at the time of any claim.
2. The installation contractor named on the guarantee warrants that defects in the roof fitted to the above property arising within two years of the date of installation and caused by faulty workmanship when fitting the roof shall within a reasonable time be made good without cost to the owner.
3. The guarantee shall not apply where the damage or deterioration complained of is not attributable solely, in the case of the tile and tile accessory guarantee, to any defect in the products as supplied, or in the case of the workmanship guarantee, in the fitting of the roof.
4. Neither Decra Roof Systems nor the installation contractor shall, by virtue of their respective guarantee, be liable for any consequential, indirect or special loss or damage of any kind whatsoever, including, but not limited to, damage caused by leaks.
5. The guarantee shall not apply unless payment has been made in full for the supply and fitting of the roof and the benefits conferred by the guarantee shall not affect the consumer’s statutory rights.
6. Decra Roof Systems and the installation contractor must be promptly notified of any deterioration or other defects in the tiles or roof giving rise to a claim under the guarantee. Any claims must be forwarded, in the first instance to Decra Roof Systems and must be received within one year from expiry of the guarantee under which any such claim is made.
7. Any replacement products supplied will be covered under the guarantee for the period of time, if any, remaining unexpired at the time of their supply.
8. The guarantee only applies when the tiles have been installed within the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland.
9. The guarantee shall not apply where any damage or deterioration is due to accident, fire, abnormal atmospheric pollution, war or act of war, civil commotion or act of God and, in the case of the tile and accessory guarantee, to incorrect handling or installation or use for a purpose for which they were not designed or not recommended by Decra Roof Systems.