Costs for your new roof or roof renovation project, are not only reduced by faster installation, but by the volumetric efficiency of Decra’s lightweight, large format tiles.
Decra tiles pack together so compactly during storage and transport that more tiles can be moved around on fewer vehicles. It has been estimated that a single truckload of Decra tiles will cover the same roof area as 8 truckloads of concrete or clay roof tiles.
- Fewer delivery trucks are required.
- Less storage space is required on site.
- Easier management results in less waste.
Traditional Roof tiles
A single truck of Decra tiles covers about the same amount m² of roof as 8 trucks with concrete or clay tiles or slates.
Volumetric Efficiency (Benefits To The Supply Chain)
Because of the lightweight and compact nature of the Decra Roof System the volumetric efficiency is greatly increased compared to man made concrete tiles and slates.
When high volumetric efficiency is combined with the near zero wastage that occurs with the Decra Roof System the benefit to production system that incorporate Kaizen methodologies are obvious.
- High volumetric efficiency and near zero wastage simplify logistics.
- High volumetric efficiency simplifies the safe storage of production materials.
- Near zero wastage improves stock control.
- Reductions in random wastage reduce construction times.
- Reductions in random wastage increase productivity.
- Reductions in random wastage increase the predictability of completing projects on time and within budget.
- Reductions in random wastage reduces profits.