Decra's lightweight roofing tiles eliminate many of the health risks associated with working on site.
Perhaps the most serious risk comes from dust inhalation, especially when tiles are being cut and shaped. However, our lightweight roofing tiles are cut using the Decra guillotine, tin snips, reciprocating saws or nibblers. You don't need to use an angle grinder, with its inherent risk of potentially dangerous dust.
Traditional cutting methods can produce dusk particles as small as two microns. This can easily pass through the larynx to penetrate the deep lung, where they can cause chronic respiratory diseases.
By using Decra lightweight roofing tiles, dust is virtually eliminated, along with any associated health risk.
|Decra's dust free cutting process prevents health hazards
||The cutting of traditional tiles can cause health hazards even for passers by.
Summary of the safety advantages that Decra Offers
- Decra is quick to install, so time exposed to danger working at high level is substantially reduced.
- Decra is light and compact, consequently less risk of materials falling from high level during construction.
- Decra’s design flexibility makes prefabricating the roofs at ground level a viable option.
- Decra’s top and bottom fixing method eliminates the risk of tile slippage or fall during the life of the building, reducing risk of injury to passers by and eliminates expensive litigation.
- Future repair risks are virtually eliminated
- Decra is lighter than traditional roof tiles, so the risk of muscular skeletal injuries and repetitive strain injury is significantly reduced.
- Decra’s compact nature reduces the risk posed to site operatives and the general public while lorries are reversing and unloading.
- Decra’s compact nature reduces the generation of harmful dust and diesel particulates by lorries.
- Decra is dry fixed and contains no cement based products, which reduces the risk of cement dermatitis and the risk of respiratory diseases caused by inhaled dust particles.
Reducing the risk of injury
Repetitive tasks can lead to muscular skeletal injuries and repetitive strain injury. The risks of these problems are greatly reduced when fitting lightweight roofing tiles from Decra.
For example, the number of fixings required to install a 65m2 roof using Decra tiles is just 695. If conventional concrete tiles are used, the number is 3900.
Because Decra tiles are much quicker to install than other roof tiles and roofing sheets, the time spent on the roof is also dramatically reduced, which cuts down on the risk of falling.
The risk of injury to passers-by is also lessened when using our lightweight roofing tiles. Our unique design enhances weather resistance and eliminates the risk of tiles falling during storms. This means you won't be faced with expensive litigation.
In fact, we are so confident that our tiles beat traditional roofing products in weather resistance that we will give you a 40-year guarantee.