Chimney Backgutter Detailing
The back gutter arrangement shown below is suitable for all Decra tile profiles except Decra Oberon Tile
|Decra Classic - Abutment detail - Detail from drawing DTSE061
Applies to Classic & Noxite – Similar general principles of construction also apply to: Decra Oberon, Plus Tile, Stratos and Noxite Tile
Back Gutter Installation Procedure
- Install noggins between rafters to support timber layboards.
- Fit layboards between rafters.
- Install timber board on timber fillets to support lead back gutter.
- Install Code 5 (min) lead to form gutter. Provide min 75mm upstand to back edge of chimney wall, with lead cover flashing dressed over.
- Dress lead over last batten supporting bottom of last tile.
- Nail bottom course of tiles vertically through to batten.
- Seal heads of nails with Decra Finishing Kit.