Decra Plus Tile Unventilated Hips
|Decra Plus - Unventlated Hip using D Ridge - Detail from drawing DPSE031
|Installation Guidance - Decra Plus
‘D’ Type unventilated hip
- Cut tiles to raking angle (using Decra special cutting blade) 5mm short of hip line.
- Nail additional 50 x 25mm batten, with Decra ‘D’ Ridge Sealing Strip attached to underside, onto the tile on each side of the hip in a position to suit the fitting of the Decra 0.9mm ‘D’ Ridge Cap.
- Make an incision in the hip sealing strip at each intersection of the Sealing Strip with the nose of the tile to allow the sealing strip to dress neatly into step between each course of the tiles.
- Position ‘D’ Ridge Cap over the top batten and upstand edge of tile.
- Fix four times both sides with Decra Nails/Screws.
- For hip end termination use ‘D’ Ridge Hip End Closure Unit.
NOTE: Decra D Ridge Caps are tapered to allow for laps.
Overall length of ridge cap 1280mm, lap each ridge cap 80mm to provide 1200mm overall length of cover.