Decra Plus Tile Ventilated Hips
|Decra Plus - Ventlated Hip using D Ridge - Detail from drawing DPSE032
|Installation Guidance - Decra Plus
‘D’ Type with Decra Universal Ridge/Hip Vent
- Cut the roofing felt back to allow a 5mm continuous air gap on either side of the hip tree.
- Cut tiles to raking angle (using Decra special cutting blade) to form a mitred joint with a 10mm air gap between the cut edges of the tile on both sides of the hip.
- Nail additional 50 x 38mm batten, with Decra ‘D’ Ridge Sealing Strip attached to underside, onto the tile on each side of the hip in a position to suit the fitting of the Decra 0.9mm ‘D’ Ridge Cap.
- Make an incision in the hip Sealing Strip at each intersection of the Sealing Strip with the nose of the tile to allow the Sealing Strip to dress neatly into step between each course of the tiles.
- Position ‘D’ Ridge Cap over the top batten and upstand edge of tile.
- Pulling the bottom edge of Ridge Cap away from the upstand edge of the tiles, slip Universal Vent strips into position on each side of the 'D' Ridge Cap.
- Install Universal Vent strips continuously throughout the whole length of the hip on both sides. Ensure there are no gaps between each strip.
- Nail 'D' Ridge Cap and Universal Vents through the downturn of the cap into the tile upstand and face of the top batten. Use 4-no Decra Nails on each side.
- For hip end termination use ‘D’ Ridge Hip End Closure Unit.
NOTE: Decra D Ridge Caps are tapered to allow for laps.
Overall length of ridge cap 1280mm, lap each ridge cap 80mm to provide 1200mm overall length of cover.