Decra Stratos Ventilated Hips
|Decra Stratos - Ventilated Hip using D Ridge - Detail from drawing DSTE031
|Installation Guidance - Decra Stratos Tile
‘D’ Type with Decra Universal Ridge/Hip Vent
- Cut the roofing felt back to allow a 5mm continuous air gap on either side of the hip tree.
- Nail 50 x 25mm batten to the tiling battens on each side of the hip using galvanised nails.
- Cut tiles to raking angle to suit. Turn edge of tiles up to form a 38mm upstand against the batten.
- Position 'D' Ridge Cap over the top batten and upstand edge of tile.
- Pulling the bottom edge of Ridge Cap away from the upstand edge of the tiles, slip Universal Ridge/Hip strips into position on each side of the 'D' ridge.
- Install Universal Vent strips continuously throughout the whole length of the hip on both sides. Ensure there are no gaps between each strip.
- Nail 'D' Ridge Cap and Universal Vents through the downturn of the cap into the tile upstand and face of the top batten. Use 4-no Decra Nails on each side.
- For hip end termination use ‘D’ Ridge Hip End Closure Unit.
NOTE: Decra D Ridge Caps are tapered to allow for laps.
Overall length of ridge cap 1280mm, lap each ridge cap 80mm to provide 1200mm overall length of cover.